Monday 9 March 2015

Simple things

It really is the simple things that put a smile on your face, and today I had two moments when I really experienced that. 

Firstly, as I was desperately trying to get my blog post up about the last week and what I've been doing, I didn't get a chance to post anything for International Women's Day. I decided to go with a Facebook status this morning that recognised what woman I found an inspiration to myself. Quite simply, my Mother is my biggest inspiration as a woman. As I've got older, I've realised how strong she is as a woman, and how she's influenced me throughout my life. International Women's Day is recognising those women that fight for gender equality or an end to discrimination or FGM, but closer to home and more personally to me, my Mamma Mia (as I like to call her) is my female figure who I aspire to be like. Plus, I'm so far away from her and missing her that I felt it was only fair that she deserves the mention.


I posted this picture from 2008 when I was 17, but it never ceases to make me smile. Love you Mum!

And secondly, the past few days I've been feeling a bit "meh", but something seriously cheered me up today. I wrote in my previous post that in yoga I thought about the taste of strawberry ice cream, and hey presto, my strawberry ice cream needs were satisfied. Plus, we had momo's and chow mein for dinner. Today was definitely a good day.

Here's some words of wisdom (as I am clearly so wise): Take the time to appreciate the small things in life so that it brings a smile to your face. I promise you that you'll instantly feel better about yourself, and your good mood will reflect onto others. Happiness is like a disease - It really is infectious.
Can't belief I've just compared happiness to a disease, but you get the jist!
Happy International Women's Day for yesterday everyone!

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment