Sunday 22 February 2015

Hypercondriac

Don't worry... I am NOT a hypercondriac. I just like to be fully prepared for all contingencies when it comes to my first aid kit. Having travelled before, and experienced rather unpleasant medical issues, I like to feel assured that my first aid kit will be there to help me get on with things. Also, it will also come in handy when I travel to Bali as well. Practical AND multi-use!
"So Alice, what's in your first aid kit?" you may ask. Well let's get to the knitty gritty and I shall reveal all...

*An assortment of plasters (fabric, waterproof, small, large - it's inevitable I'm going to need these at some point)
*Antiseptic cream
*Antiseptic wipes
*Ibuprofen
*Paracetamol
*Indigestion tablets (this will help with bloating, heartburn, indigestion & wind. Well... I will be eating steamed lentils twice a day for three months...)
*Diarrhoea relief (another inevitable...)
*Rehydration sachets
*Bandages
*Zinc Oxide tape
*Microporous tape
*Skin closure stitches
*Thrush relief (you never know what could happen in the three months and I just want to be able to get on with things.)

Not pictured but included in the kit
*A little jar of olive oil (I have really narrow ear canals so they get blocked easily. Alas, olive oil is my saviour!)
*Scissors
*Tweezers
*Safety pins
*Gloves
*Bite and sting relief (if I get bitten to blazes in France, just imagine Nepal...)
*Emergency blanket
*Water purification
*Sterile pack e.g. needles, syringes etc...

This may all seem a bit excessive but you have to remember that I will be in rural Nepal in an underdeveloped setting. It's better to be safe than sorry, and hopefully I WON'T be needing most of these products. Plus, once out of the boxes, they fit nicely into my first aid 'kit'.

Is there anything else you would add to your first aid kit? Let me know in the comment section below.

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment