Monday 12 January 2015

Blown by Brecon Beacons Beauty

So Ryan and I weren't able to climb Snowdon last Saturday, but that didn't stop up from choosing another mountain on another mountain range.

The Brecon Beacons beckoned!

We decided to climb Skirrid Fawr, as we were a little limited on time, and because the mountain of mud and myths appealed to our adventurous nature's.

I am so glad we didn't choose to take on Snowdon last weekend, because when when reading reached the top, not only did the mountain's beauty blow us away, but the strong gusts of wind did too! If it was that windy in the Brecon's, I dread to think what it was like in North Wales...

Nonetheless, the climb was good fun and the mountain was pretty quiet. And... at least it didn't rain!

This weekend is less vigorous activity, as I am attending my training weekend with VSO. Might be slightly more stressful on the brain though... but at least I'll have some idea of what to expect in Nepal.

So... there's still time to sponsor me on the Snowdon climb, as I promise I will still be doing it! Just hoping the weather settles a little. Visit my JustGiving page if you wish to make a donation - https://www.justgiving.com/Alice-Garland-90/

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment