Friday, 9 January 2015


It's with an extremely heavy heart that I am having to postpone my Snowdon climb due to poor weather conditions.

The Atlantic front that has hit the UK has meant that gusts of up to 80mph are going to hit the Snowdon summit. Temperatures are also set to be between -2 to -4 which would be fine, however the wind chill factor means that it will feel more like -14 to -16.

These conditions aren't really suitable for the sort of climb Ryan and I were planning, and to be honest, we aren't really prepared for it. Even when I'm in Nepal in March, the conditions are MUCH better than that!

But alas, the climb is NOT cancelled, just postponed until the 24th January 2014. This means you've got plenty more time to visit my JustGiving page to sponsor ;)
You can also sponsor me by texting NEPA70 £3 to 70070. It's quick and easy, and the money goes directly to my JustGiving page. Plus, you can GiftAid too.

To keep the momentum going, Ryan and I will be doing a climb in the Brecon Beacons on Sunday, where the conditions are a lot better.

Wish us happy walking!

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment