Sunday 4 January 2015

Cotswold Outdoor

What was supposed to be having a mooch in Bristol city centre, turned into Alice spending a considerable amount of money on kit for Nepal.

In all fairness, I did purchase two essential pieces of kit - walking boots and a synthetic down jacket. However, this post isn't about the products themselves, it's about how unbelievably helpful the staff were at Cotswold Outdoor Bristol Broadmead store. The guy that advised me on my boots, really knew his stuff and listened to everything that I required. He even showed me a clever way to tie my boots so that they're more comfortable, and so my heel sits in the boot properly.

In terms of the jacket, I have been searching everywhere for an affordable one that fits properly, and will keep me warm on the chilly Nepalese evenings. Down jackets can cost a minimum of £150 (if you want a decent one £200+), and realistically, I haven't got that sort of money to spend on a big jacket I won't wear that often when I get back from Nepal. The supervisor in this store was incredibly helpful and very honest about the fit. Most guys would probably tell you what you want to hear when it comes to size, but he was honest and told me the fit was just right for all the layers I put on underneath. He also advised me about the technicalities of the jacket and how it would be appropriate for Nepal.

When I purchased the two products, I even got money off because Cotswold Outdoor have a price match policy. So all in all, it was a very successful shopping trip. Just in time for my Snowdon climb as well! I would highly recommend this store to anyone wishing to get outdoor kit from people who actually know what they're talking about.



Thanks Cotswold Outdoor!

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment